I’ve been thining and thinking and thinking about what to do with this week’s stitch and finally realized, I was over thinking. 😉 Tonight I got down to business and started embroidering. I dug through my thread collection looking for a wool thread and realized, nope, that wouldn’t work. Then I got some YLI Candlelight and realized it was too thick for my idea. Then I tried some sewing thread – yes, sewing thread – YLI metallic copper thread.
You see my idea was to embellish a beautiful embossed cotton fabric to add another layer of interest to the fabric. And this is the result:
I’m really pleased with the effect. I wouldn’t want to do this for yards and yards of fabric, but it would be lovely for a patch in a crazy quilt block, and I think it would be wonderful on a jacket band. Not the entire length. I’d scatter a bit towards the bottom on one side and up by the face on the other side. A few inches of metallic thread embellishment would serve to draw attention to the areas on the jacket you desire.
So no fabulous art piece was created, but I did experiment with different fabric, different threads, and learned what worked and what wouldn’t for this idea, and I had fun doing it. In my book, that makes for a successful TAST experience.