The fabric hasn’t been ironed yet as I haven’t managed to get out to purchase some iron cleaner. My iron currently has some copper glitter stuck to the sole plate from our art group meeting. I can’t wait to see how the pieces look after they’ve been ironed. These colors capture the look of my Pee Gee hydrangea flowers at the end of the blooming season perfectly.
Sunday, I attended my second NY Bead Guild meeting, and decided to join in on all the fun. The women are really friendly, and very knowledgeable. The project this month was a Wavy Wave Necklace, and I started and stopped it 4 times before I was happy with it.
First I didn’t add the little block of 4 seed beads between the waves. I actually liked the look with only 1 seed bead between the waves, but I restarted the necklace, and made it according to the directions – because I really wanted to be able to correctly follow a bead pattern.
I did not like how it was looking with those extra seed beads, so restarted it for the third time. Back to my original 1 seed bead in between the waves. As I was merrily stringing my beads, I realized I would not have enough crystals to make the necklace as long as desired. The waves were too closely spaced, and I also didn’t like the color of the seed beads I was using.
I changed the color of the seed beads, went back to the original directions putting 4 seed beads between the waves, and am very happy with how it’s progressing.
If you double click on the photos, they will enlarge for you so you can see the details better. The black nylon bag I used for the background will soon be replaced by a piece of black velvet. It should result in better photos.